The Gallery Installer position will assist with the installation and de-installation of exhibitions in CEPA’s five galleries while reporting to the Assistant Curator and Gallery Manager. This is a part-time position with an irregular schedule. The compensation for this position is $17/hour.
Essential Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Prep galleries by spackling, sanding, and repainting walls
- Work with the Assistant Curator and gallery Manager to accurately install artwork based on the Curator’s specifications
- Select appropriate hanging hardware and methods
- Print, install, and deinstall vinyl title wall text
- Print, measure, and mount longer form wall texts, such as artist statements and biographies
- Assist with the unpacking/re-packing of delivered artwork
- Adjust gallery track lighting under the direction of the Curator
- Execute de-installation by removing artwork from the walls, appropriately packaging it, and repairing the walls
- When applicable, assist with in-house framing, printing, and glass cutting
- General maintenance of galleries, such as sweeping, cleaning windows, etc.
- Must be able to lift at least 20 pounds
- Basic knowledge of power tools, wall repair and painting, and hanging hardware
- Past installation experience with vinyl printing, framing, and wall hanging skills, are preferred, but not required
- Comfortable using equipment such as ladders or step stools
- Time management/task management skills as you will be working on multiple exhibitions at a time
- Strong communication skills as the installation schedule is irregular and changes monthly
- Teamwork as gallery installation is a group effort
Send an email to email@example.com with your resume along with a cover letter stating your past experience with installation as well as what your general schedule/availability looks like.
If you have any questions, please reach out to Sophie Barner, the Assistant Curator and gallery Manager, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CEPA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.