Each artist or artist team must submit for review to the selection panel:
• Letter of Interest with Conceptual Narrative of Proposal;
• Sketches, renderings, or CAD images of proposed artwork;
• Materials List;
• Approximate budget including additional outside funding resources (if any);
• Proposed completion timeframe
• 10 portfolio images and descriptions of past work (sized to 1200px max on longest dimension);
• Resume (please include your name and contact information);
• List of 3 Professional References (please include name and contact information).
It is possible that only part of the budget for a proposed project may be granted. Artists are welcome to include an alternative version of their proposed project with the full version that reflects a contingency plan and/or budget OR may include other potential sources of funding in lieu of full project sponsorship. If no alternate plan or funding is proposed it will be assumed that your project requires the fully requested amount.
All submissions should be saved as a single document in PDF format. Please save with ‘Reduced File Size’ to permit your application to be emailed. The total file size should not exceed 10mb. Email final proposals to email@example.com.
Applicants will receive a confirmation email upon receipt. Please refrain from inquiries once your confirmation is received. Awards will be announced in July 2015.
The selection of an artist or artist team shall be based on whose qualification best meet the requirements contained in the Project Outline.
» Artistic ability, conceptual merit, and technical expertise;
» Responsiveness to the physical and cultural context of the site;
» Ability to foster engagement and/or interaction by those encountering the work;
» Attention to safety and appropriate choice of materials.
*Murals are not being considered for this project at this time.
Timeline (Tentative Schedule)
June 15, 2015: Deadline for submission by 5:00 p.m.
June 29, 2015: Selection Panel review of submissions and recommendation of finalists
July 6, 2015: Recommended artist(s) selected
Mid-July 2015: Awarded artists announced
Late July-December 2015: Fabrication, Installation and Exhibition
617 Main Street, Suite 201
Buffalo NY 14203
716-856-2717 ext 15