January 26, 2022 CEPA receives Special Business Citation from NYSATA
CEPA is honored to have received a special business citation from NYSATA (New York State Art Teachers Association)
NYSATA is a non-profit professional organization founded in 1948 for the purpose of advancing the cause of art education by
- stimulating interest in the study of art in public, private and parochial schools and colleges in the state of New York;
- developing sensitivity to and encouraging participation in the visual art;
- securing wider recognition of the vital importance of education through art;
- encouraging carry-over of school art education into the artistic, social and home life of the individual;
- fostering professional growth and leadership among the members of the organization;
- voicing our concerns with regard to policies and legislation that effect art education.
The New York State Art Teachers Association is made up of 10 Regions. Members include preschool through university level art educators, art administrators, museum educators, school administrators, school districts, commercial representatives, and friends and benefactors. Elected representatives from the ten regions and five elected state-level officers form the Board of Trustees, which is the decision-making body for NYSATA.
CEPA offers free entrance and guided tours to all schools, colleges and Universities as well as organizations. We also support art teachers through NYSATA with customized workshops in all things photography.