April 14, 2021 CEPA Gallery Search for Development Coordinator
CENTER FOR EXPLORATORY & PERCEPTUAL ARTS (CEPA GALLERY) POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT
JOB TITLE: Development Coordinator (Full Time)
REPORTS TO: Veronique Cote, Executive Director
Deadline: Opened until filled (Apply by May 5th for First Consideration)
Are you a team player who is passionate about advocacy with fundraising experience, and an interest in the arts? The Development Coordinator is responsible for planning and successfully implementing a comprehensive development program that includes grant writing and reporting, annual giving, major gifts, and program sponsorship to support CEPA’s ongoing growth.
- Work with the Executive Director and Board Development Committee to implement a comprehensive, results-oriented development plan including grants, memberships plans, and sponsorship.
- Work with the Executive Director and the Board to develop strategies and conduct research to identify, prioritize, cultivate, and solicit existing prospects and new donors for individual gifts, corporations, foundations, and sponsorships ( major gifts).
- Plan, prepare, and submit grant proposals that maintain and expand the comprehensive grants support that has developed during CEPA’s history.
- Plan and implement the Annual Fund Campaign.
- Plan and oversee the implementation of special fundraising events, with specific attention to engagement of leadership volunteers and increased corporate sponsorships, and take a major role in the Biennial Auction fundraising event. Oversee support staff involvement in special event activities.
- Cultivate and implement effective donor stewardship and recognition programs. Establish development systems and tools for soliciting donors, timely and ‘evergreen’ acknowledgements, and ongoing communication that exceeds donor expectations. (Using our Every Action Database.)
- Develop and manage donor cultivation activities.
- Collaborate with staff to develop effective donor communications tools and to ensure that development efforts and campaigns are fully integrated into CEPA’s publicity.
- Manage donor/member databases in collaboration with the Education Director and Executive Director.
- Collaborate in the design and growth of membership benefits programs to increase participation.
Bachelor’s degree or other demonstrated/significant and equal experience in fundraising, grant-writing, and successful development in the non-profit industry. Impeccable and eloquent English writing skills are a must. Minimum of three years of Development and grants management experience with demonstrated success in establishing and meeting development goals. Knowledge of the EveryAction software and/or GreaterGiving development tool are a plus (strong determination and quick learning of new digital tools could be an equal asset). Must be organized, self-directed but team oriented, efficient, able to meet ambitious fundraising goals, and flexible in a creative, lean team-based work environment. Must be extremely computer literate and able to work within a digital environment; experience with the google workspace is an asset. Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills are an asset. Ability to follow instructions independently, follow-through, and anticipate future needs is a must. Candidates with demonstrated experience with capital campaign, State and National grant applications/management, as well as major donor relations will be given priority.
Located in Buffalo’s historic Market Arcade Complex, CEPA Gallery is an award-winning contemporary photography and visual arts center with impact in both local and national communities. With three galleries of changing exhibits and events, multimedia public art installations, arts education programs, and an open-access darkroom and digital photo lab, CEPA creates a vibrant presence in the heart of downtown Buffalo.
CEPA thrives on celebrating diversity through all its facets to the benefit of our employees, our programs, and our community. As such we are committed to being an equal opportunity workplace and exhibition space creating an inclusive environment for all. Employment decisions are on the basis of qualifications, merit, but more importantly passion for the work we do and demonstrated willingness to grow with us. We also support affirmative action and offer career growth opportunities to diverse populations through our education programs, outreach efforts, and paid fellowships.
Salary commensurate with experience and is aligned with the local non-profit market (in the $40-60,000 range).
Deadline for Submissions: Opened until filled. Apply by or before May 5th for First Consideration.
Please email letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Direct your questions to:
Veronique Cote, Executive Director at: email@example.com
CEPA Gallery, 617 Main Street, Buffalo, NY 14203