October 16, 2017 Artist Opportunity: The Buffalo Skyway Project
CEPA Gallery invites you to participate in a photography competition and exhibition.
Photo by Steve Siegel
CEPA Gallery is hosting a unique competition, seeking photographers to artistically capture images of Buffalo’s Skyway. The Skyway opened in 1955 as a major transportation artery into and around the city. No matter your view, we want YOUR VIEW! Just as the Buffalo Grain Elevators have been artistically documented, we think now is the time to document this iconic structure. An anonymous donor has generously offered to fund this project, underwriting the exhibition and offering prize money.
- Best of Show: $500
- Best Black & White: $250
- Best Color: $250
- Best Drone Photo: $250
- Best Student Photo (Middle & High School): $250
Fifty photographs will be chosen for exhibition. CEPA will print and mount the exhibit and host a public opening reception in January 2019 (date to be determined). The contest and exhibition are free of charge.
Competition ends October 1, 2018. So give us your best shot!
Guidelines for Submission:
- One image per photographer
- File must be approximately 9 x 13 at 240 DPI or larger
- Please label the image with last name and year (for example: lastname2017.jpg)
- Include your name, mailing address, telephone number and title of your photo with your e-mail submission
- Submit to email@example.com with skyway in subject heading