2017 Big Orbit Members’ Exhibition
We’re pleased to to announce that this year’s Big Orbit portion of the member’s exhibition will be taking place on Saturday, August 5th! The 2017 edition will feature an ALL NEW format.
All current, new, and renewing CEPA and Big Orbit Members are invited to participate in the upcoming 2017 Members’ Exhibition. This year we’ll be changing things up. In keeping with the spirit of creative risk taking and experimentation, here’s what to expect:
- Members will be self-curating the exhibit. When members deliver their work they will also choose where to hang it. Hardware for mounting to the wall will be provided and assistance will be available for those unfamiliar with the finer points of hand tools and levels. Keep in mind that work should be equipped for hanging when dropped-off.
- There WILL NOT be an outside juror. This year, members will vote via ballot at the opening event. Keep in mind, ONLY CURRENT CEPA AND BIG ORBIT MEMBERS CAN VOTE (members are NOT required to have work in the show in order to cast a vote). Votes will only be accepted during the opening night party, so you MUST be present in order to vote.
- The exhibition will be ONE NIGHT ONLY. As a “pop-up” exhibition and party, we can all cut loose and connect with the community of artists that makes this space so great.
- ALL members are encouraged (but not required) to bring a dish to share and beverage to sip.
Big Orbit Project Space
30D Essex Street
Buffalo, NY 14213
Get Directions »
Saturday, August 5, 2017
CALL FOR ENTRIES: 2017 Big Orbit Members’ Exhibit
All media excluding photography
August 5, 2017
All current, new, and renewing CEPA and Big Orbit Members are invited to participate in the upcoming 2017 Big Orbit Members’ Exhibit.
- Each member may submit one (1) piece of non-photographic art for inclusion in the exhibit
- All work should be ready to show, labeled with the artist’s name, title, process, date, and sales price
- Video and film work is acceptable, but please contact us prior to submitting to make arrangements
- All work should be labeled with the artist’s name, title, process, date, and sales price
Drop off for Member Work is Monday, July 31 – Friday, August 4 from 9am-5pm.
Extended hours will also be offered on:
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 2 from 8-10pm
THURSDAY, AUGUST 3 from 8-10pm
All work is due at Big Orbit by Friday, August 4, 2017 by 5pm.
Select work will be exhibited on CEPA’s website. For artists who wish to have their work sent back to them, returns will only be made via US Postal Service or FedEx. Please provide postage, FedEx account number or a check to cover the amount for the return.
Big Orbit’s 2017 Members’ Exhibit will open Saturday, August 5, 2017 with a reception from 7pm to 11pm.
The 2017 Big Orbit Members’ Exhibition Award
Members will be selecting, via ballot, one artist from the Members’ Exhibition whose work demonstrates an elevated level of artistic maturity and skill.
The winner will receive a solo exhibit of their work in 2018–2019.
To be considered for the award, artists simply need to indicate that they would like to be considered for the award when they submit their work to the Members’ Exhibit.
This facet of the Members’ Exhibit is open to all artists as an option, and does not affect regular submissions to the exhibit.
All members are eligible to vote for the Solo Exhibition Award recipient and are not required to submit work to the exhibition in order to cast a vote.