YOU ARE INVITED TO ENTER A PHOTOGRAPHY CONTEST!
Exterior Views: The Richardson Olmsted Complex
Presented by CEPA Gallery and the Richardson Center Corporation
Who May Enter:
Contest participation is open to all who have taken photographs of the exterior of the Richardson Olmsted Complex — either on an official photography tour of the Richardson Olmsted Complex, or at any other time. Volunteer Richardson Center Corporation docents who were not part of the planning of this contest are eligible to enter.
How it Works:
There are four categories for contest photographs, and any photograph of the buildings or grounds may be labeled as entries in a single category:
* Details and Abstractions
* Patterns and Textures
* Light and Dark
• Photographers may submit up to four digital photographs taken outside the Richardson Olmsted Complex. There can be four in a single category, or spread across categories.
• Approximately fifty photographs will be selected for exhibition in Exterior Views: The Richardson Olmsted Complex.
• CEPA Gallery will print and mount selected photographs on foam core.
• Three awards will be given for the show overall: 1st, 2nd, 3rd place, as well as honorable mentions.
• CEPA Gallery will host a public opening reception for the exhibition in January, 2017 at CEPA Gallery, 617 Main Street in the Historic Market Arcade Building. The exhibition will be on view at CEPA Gallery for several weeks.
• Photographers of the selected photographs will receive the unframed prints at the close of the exhibition.
• Remaining photographs will be projected at CEPA Gallery during the exhibition opening reception, and can be viewed on the CEPA Gallery website in the weeks before and after the event (with title of photograph and name of photographer shown).
Guidelines for Submission:
• Select up to four views of the exterior of the Richardson Olmsted Complex.
• File must be approximately 9 x 13 at 240 DPI or larger.
• Each file should be named in the following format: lastname_firstname_title_category
• Provide a title for each submission, and indicate if image is vertical or horizontal.
• Be sure to include your name, mailing address and telephone number with your e-mail submission.
• By submitting your photo to our contest, you agree to allow CEPA Gallery (CEPA) and the Richardson Center Corporation (RCC) to use your image for marketing and promotion purposes for this contest and exhibition. Photo credit will be included in any use by CEPA and the RCC, and photo credit will be submitted to the media anytime an image is shared.
• Between August 1st and September 30, 2016, e-mail your images to: RichardsonContest@cepagallery.org
• Results will be e-mailed to participating photographers by November 1, 2016 (with an announcement to local media on November 15).
• For more information, please e-mail RichardsonContest@cepagallery.org.